Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III
Olympus has just announced the new OM-D E-M10 Mark III, a mirrorless camera designed for helping photography enthusiasts take their images to the next level. The camera is a tier below the flagship OM-D E-M1 II, which was announced in September 2016.
The Mark III carries over some of the best features from the Mark II — 5-axis image stabilization, a flip-out screen, and a 2.36-million dot EVF. Olympus has added 4K video into the mix, as well as the ability to shoot 120 frames per second at 1080p. The camera uses Olympus’ latest TruePic VIII image processor to handle all this, so there should be a small image quality bump as well. And the Mark III has an improved autofocus system, too, with 121 AF points versus the 81 found on the Mark II.
- Micro Four Thirds Live MOS sensor, 16MP
- 3.0-inch tilt-angle touchscreen, 1,037,000 dots
- 4K video capture
Build and handling
- Revised design and grip
- Magnesium alloy construction
- Weighs 362g
- 121-point AF
- Coverage across most of the frame
- Face Priority AF and Eye Detection AF
- 8.6fps burst shooting
- Mechanical shutter up to 1/4000 sec
- Electronic shutter up to 1/16,000 sec
- +/-3 EV exposure compensation in 1/3 or 1/2-stop increments
- 15 Art filters
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III Key Features
- 16.1 megapixel Micro Four Thirds sensor
- 3inch tilting touch-screen
- 2.36m dot EVF
- 121 AF points
- ISO100 up to ISO25600
- 8.6fps continuous shooting
- 4K UHD video, 30, 25, 24fps 102Mbps
- 5-axis image stabilisation sensor (4 stops)
To compete with GoPro, Sony has come up with its own multi function camera the SONY RX0, with VR. It can also shoot 4K video, full HD at 240 fps and 16 fps RAW still images.
• 1.0 stacked 15.3MP CMOS sensor
• 24mm (35mm equivalent) f/4 Zeiss lens
• Top shutter speed 1/32000 sec
• ISO 125-12800
• Up to 16fps burst rate
• 40x Super Slow Motion
• 4K clean HDMI video output
• Wired or wireless Multi-camera control for multi-view shooting
• Ruggedized construction
• 2.4×1.6×1.2 inches, 3.9 oz
High technology for high-quality imaging inherited from the RX series is packed into the uniquely solid, rigid, compact body. RX0 features 1.0-type stacked CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip and a wide-angle ZEISS® T* 24mm (35mm equivalent) lens. It is waterproof down to 10 meters, shockproof from heights up to 2.0 meters, and crushproof of 200kgf/2000N. Thanks to its sensor’s high-speed data readout, RX0 has many creative features including super slow motion and anti-distortion shutter of up to 1/32000 sec.
Miniature dimensions and all-around versatility maximise creators’ freedom to take and use RX0 anywhere in creative ways. Multi-camera shooting is made easy by its multi-camera control function.