Canon has announced an update to their 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6: a version II with their latest nano USM technology and 4 stops of image stabilization. The lens is a popular choice for full frame shooters looking for an affordable daytime lens with some good zoom capability for sports and wildlife.
The new version II uses a small LCD to display shooting information, including “shake amount” as well as the focusing distance and focal length. There is a MODE BUTTON that toggles between the different info.
Mode 1 : Distance scale with depth of field markers
At a glance:
- * EF-Mount/Full-Frame Format
- * Maximum Aperture: f/4-5.6
- * One Ultra Low Dispersion Element
- * NANO USM Autofocus System
- * Optical Image Stabilizer
- * Lens Information Display
- * Full-Time Manual Focus
- * Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
The new Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IS II will start shipping in India from early 2017 and is expected to be priced at INR 45,000.